Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Project Happiness Day 20

Joy is the most interesting thing. It is made more sweet by having experienced pain, it is so powerful that it can overcome years of heartache in a single moment. It can come in the most simple of ways and it can just sweep in without even a warning and remove the cobwebs of doubt, dust out the corners filled with lonliness, remove the clutter of fears and unmet expectations and leave your heart feeling fresh and new.
I feel that way now. I feel that the ache is beginning to lessen and is being replaced by the kind of hope that makes you smile when you think no one is watching. I have no regrets. The pain that I have been experiencing recently will only serve to make my heart more tender and my soul so much more prepared for the happiness that the Lord has promised.
I guess that is what I am most grateful for today. That I know my pain will not be wasted and that I know how quickly it will be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment