Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Project Happiness Day 16 and 17

Thursday was a great day spent moslty packing and getting ready for a trip to Canada with my sister Hannah. After work I headed up to my parents house to pick her up. She had put together a box full of healthy goodies for us to eat along the way and she had a collection of Road Trip CD's to help pass the time. We drove to Monteview ID, a little town were some of Hannah's good friends live. It was really nice to get to visit in person with some of the girls up there who I only really know on facebook. They are good girls and I see a light in their eyes that lets me know that they love the Lord. We spent the night there and then headed back out on the road on friday morning. It was a beautiful drive and I found myself in awe at the variety and beauty of nature. We arrived in BC Canada after being grilled by a border gaurd who obviously didnt want to let us pass. As we pulled into Winston's place children were everywhere, their faces all so alike seeming to come from every open doorway.
We went to their little fireside had dinner and then we were both so tired we opted for bed rather than going to a bon fire later that night. I feel more lonely here than ever before. It seems an effort to take each breath. While it is incredibly beautiful here I will be happy to get home.
Quote for the day: "Let us lay aside everyweight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us."

No comments:

Post a Comment