Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 12 and 13



Saturday, I spent a good portion of the day at my parents house. My little neice was there and I got to play with her. Such a little girl with an enormous personality. She was laying on the bed as I was playing with her and she was trying so hard not to smile. Babies are one of the few things in life that can bring happiness and joy no matter how bad my day is, and Shaylie was the highlight of this day!

I did some homework and watched a movie with some friends later that night.

Sunday I took a leisurely stroll in the park with my roommate and her family that is visiting. Church was wonderful but for some reason today was another one of those days where I just get to feel the pain and lonliness. Several friends noticed that I was having a hard time and I guess thats what I am the most thankful for. Good friends who watch out for each other and are there during our good times and our bad times. One of my friends texted me later that night and said, Project Happiness isnt so happy right now?" I guess Happiness wouldnt mean much if we didnt have the comparison. Thats actually one of the things that I am grateful for is that I have the opportunity to learn an appreciation now that I didnt have before and wouldnt have without the experiences I am having now. I had an all too brief but encouraging phone call from the one person I wanted most to talk to just before I went to bed.

"Joy lies in the fight, in the attempt, in the suffering involved, not in the Victory itself."

No comments:

Post a Comment