Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 9 and 10

I did something on wednesday that I have been praying, thinking, stewing and fretting about for some time. I quit my job. ITs a scary move to make. Its hard to leave something that has been so good for me for so long. Almost 5 years of my life have been devoted to this company, the better part of everyday spent in that office. Its hard to leave and walk away from all of that. But the truth is that I havent felt needed or useful there for sometime and its a change that I believe will be for the better. As I sat reading and rereading the email I was about to send I remembered another time that I felt fear and hesitancy in leaving something that had been such a major part of my life. I had stood on the steps leading down into the font on the day of my baptism and wondered if I was making the right decisiona and if I could really go through with it. I realized that it had turned out more than alright. It had been one of the best decisions of my life. I clicked send. Then I cryed the whole way home.
I went to a party with all of my sisters later that night. We often have these sister partys (although not often enough for my liking) and this night we sat around and each sister shared a list that she had written three years earlier of goals and dreams that she wanted to accomplish in the next three years. We talked about which things had actually come to pass and which hadnt, we talked about which things we hardly remembered wanting them much less why. And we talked about those things that are still on the list of things we want to do. It was a wonderful evening and nothing brings joy like being with my sisters. It was a good day. When I went home that night to my parents house I saw the following quote on Mothers calendar. It was by Thomas Kinkade but I believe it with all my heart and it struck a chord with me. "You learn to trust in miracles by sailing forward daily with a growing awareness that your needs will be met."
I love it when I find my quote for the day in the most unlikely of places!
Thursday I had a job interview for a job that I would love to have, it went well and I moved on to the next phase of the hiring process. I really hope to hear back from them. I went to work and then went home to my parents house again for the night as we are planning a big day for friday and want to get an early start.

No comments:

Post a Comment