Monday, September 19, 2011

Project Happiness Day 4,5 and 6

What a busy weekend! I never even got to sit down in front of a computer long enough to post a quick blog for the day. So here they are all lumped in to one. It was a good weekend too!
On Friday I drove up to Salt Lake to get my Registration renewed on my car. I was pleaseantly surprised to find out that I didnt need to do the emmisions and inspection. My brother was able to get me a killer deal on some new tires and I got to visit with him while they worked on the car. I feel so much more at peace driving a car that isnt running on bald tires and a registration that was more than two months expired!
I spent the night at my parents house and got to hang with my mom and my sisters for a bit. MY mom gave me some delicious gluten free food to take home with me that will help me tremendously with this diet that I am on.
On Saturday I did some homework and scored 8 of 10 on my quiz. I went for a walk in the beautiful fresh air and sunshine with Esther and visited with my good friend Reva.
I went to the temple for my shift Saturday night and had a wonderful time there. Its interesting to be at the temple as a worker rather than a patron. It gives me a different kind of stregnth and a different perspective on the work thats done there.
ON sunday after a leisurly bubble bath in the morning and a chat with roommates I headed out to church where I felt the spirit, recieved answers to prayer and visited with good friends. I feel like I am beginning to get some clarity around what I am supposed to be doing right now, and while there is still a certain amount of fear in moving forward my faith is growing. Some of the scary steps that I am about to take are looking less scary and I am gaining the confidence that I will need to carry me through them.
I am also feeling alot of joy from seeing myself reaching my goals, keeping my commitments and doing alot of good things that I have been struggling to do for some time. During sunday school I realized that I am genuinly grateful for this difficult experience that I am going through. I have seen reasons to be grateful for it in the past but I saw even more reasons today and it gave me so much peace to see that "all things work together for good." Our lesson in RS on sunday was on lonliness. Something that I have been all too familiar with in the last couple of months. As we discussed this topic and why we feel lonely and what we can do about it I felt so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ that gives me all the tools that I need to combat those types of feelings. I went to bed Sunday night feeling peaceful and even happy after tying up some loose ends and sharing a few words with someone who means the world to me.
Quote for tomorrow: " The very experience of enduring chastening can refine us and prepare us for greater spiritual privileges."

No comments:

Post a Comment