Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Project Happiness Day 2

ON my desk at work I have this calander...I cross off the days when they are over :( I know that is really sad and not helping me out any but...I am on a really difficult diet and I like to see how much closer I am getting to reaching the end of my diet. That being said, yesterday I forgot to cross the day off the calander. Thats a really good sign that I am not just counting down the hours and minutes until the end of each day. Since yesterday was the first day of my project I consider day 1 a success!
So now moving on to Day 2.
Last night I went swimming with Dave, probably the last swim of the summer judging by the chill in the air. Dave is good for me. He pushes me, he pushes my buttons, he wont let me manipulate him (which I never really knew I did until I met him) and he pushes me to try new things. After we finished with our swim we dryed off and he taught me how to play racketball. I was surprised to find that I really enjoyed it! Now that is not to say that I was good at it. But I actually managed to hit the ball ALOT more often than I thought I would and I had fun, got a little exersize and had an altogether really enjoyable evening.
Today is hump day, that middle of the week drag that is neither the fresh start and new beginning of a monday nor the celebratory friday. Its dull, long and well...wednesday. Today however we had a company brown bag meeting to break up the monotony of the day. They provided lunch which naturally wasnt on my diet so I enjoyed my hard boiled eggs and tryed not to think about the other food they were eating. Over all it was a much better wednesday than I had anticipated!
And last but not least I am beginning to feel a renewed enthusiasm for life, with all its opportunities and adventures. I realized that I have not really been planning and doing and living in the way that I want to and its time to really live again. I am looking at lots of different options, making some concrete plans, getting in touch with my vision and plan for my life and deciding once again what things are important to me. ITs a good feeling. A happy feeling.
I dont know what is coming for me, I guess thats where the hope part of the quote from yesterday comes in. And thats where the adventure lies. But I know that I need to plan and move forward with faith and as I do things will become more clear for me.
Along those lines I have been setting alot of goals for myself recently and doing really well at reaching them. Its a satisfying feeling.
Some of the goals that I have set for myself are:
To read in the Book of Mormon a little each day
To listen to a talk from last general conference each day in preparation for the upcoming conference
To do a better job of cleaning up and organizing my space (anyone who knows me knows this one is really a challenge!)
To spend time in the temple every week.
To get back into school
And then the over arching goal of living life in a more faith filled, confident and happy way.
Yesterday's quote was a beautiful theme for today!
Quote for tommorow: "Wait on the Lord: Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment